Lets have a look at five points that worked in India’s favour against their arch-rivals.
1. First things first, winning the toss proved to be decisive for India as captain MS Dhoni made the right decision to bat first. After losing the toss, Pakistan captain Misbah-ul-Haq said that he too was looking to bat first.
2. Despite his poor run of late, India kept faith in Shikhar Dhawan and the opener roared back into form by hitting 73 runs off 76 balls.
3. Sending Virat Kohli back at the number three spot and the batsman responded by hitting a brilliant hundred to become the first Indian centurion against Pakistan in the World Cup.
4. Sending Suresh Raina ahead of Ajinkya Rahane after the dismissal of Shikhar Dhawan to keep the left-right combination going as the southpaw smashed 74 runs off 56 balls.
5. Indian bowlers, who have faced some flak recently for their poor performances, brilliantly rose to the occasion to defend the total and they were ably supported by the fielders.