Facts – Did you know?
- Walk up the stairs instead of taking the elevator. Walking up the stairs burns more calories than jogging or walking on flat surfaces.
- You would need to walk for 33
minutes at the speed of 5.5 km/hr
to burn the calories you gain by
drinking a can of a fizzy soft drink.
- 15 minutes a day of brisk walk can
add up to three years to year life
- 30 minutes of walking, five times a
week is enough to decrease
symptoms of diabetes and
depression and increase bone
density and prevent cancer.
- Walking triggers endorphins,
promotes relaxation and prevents
anxiety and depression.
- You can typically burn between 300
and 400 calories by walking 10,000
- Swap 5 car journeys of under 2KM a week with walking and reduce your carbon footprint by 86KG of CO2 a year.
- Walking 6,000 steps a day can help improve your health and walking 10,000 steps a day can help you lose weight.