Top Yoga Asanas To Reduce Belly Fat
6. Naukasana (Boat Pose)
If you practice this yoga posture on a regular basis, then you can be assured of enjoying a flatter belly in due course of time. You need to hold this posture for about a minute or so to help in proper contraction of the abdominal muscles. It is a perfect asana that will help you to tone your abs and enjoy a flatter ab.
- Lie flat on your back on the yoga mat with your toes facing the ceiling. Your palms must be resting flat on the ground on either side of your body.
- Take a deep breath inside. You must now lift your head, chest and legs off the ground and while doing this you have to exhale.
- Stretch your arms towards your legs so that they are parallel to the ground. Keep your fingers also stretched out like your toes.
- You need to gaze at your feet and hold this position for about 30 seconds initially. You will feel the contraction of the abdominal muscles. You can breathe normally in this pose.
- Once you become familiar with this pose you can extend the duration to 60 seconds or even more. Now you will have to slowly relax and come back to the original position after inhaling and exhaling deeply.
You need to start with 5 repeats of this asana initially and gradually build it up to 30 times. You can take a 15 to 20 second break after each repetition.
7. Ushtrasana (Camel Pose)
The camel pose is a counter to the boat pose. You will need to touch your ankles by stretching your back in this pose and this will help in easily toning your abs muscles. The tension that you experience in the body after doing the Naukasana will be eased with a good back stretch in this Ushtrasana.
- Sit in the Vajrasana position and slowly lift your body weight from the knees in such a manner that your entire weight is supported by the knees.
- Your heels should be at right angles to the ground.
- After inhaling and exhaling deeply one to two times, you should bend your back towards your feet. Take your hands behind your body and try to hold the ankles of your feet, one hand after the other.
- Now take your head also backwards till you experience a stretch in your belly.
- Hold in this position for about 20 to 30 seconds in the beginning and then try to hold this posture for a minute or even more. You should breathe normally in this posture.
- Now exhale deeply and relax slowly and then come back to the Vajrasana position.
8. Marjariasana (Cat Pose Or Cow Cat Pose)
This is yet another easy asana that will help you to melt the fat in the abdomen area by forcing the abdominal muscles to contract. It will not just help in decreasing your belly size, but will also help to improve your spine’s flexibility.
- From the Vajrasana position, you need to rise in such a way that your body is parallel to your yoga mat and the weight of your body rests on your palms and knees.
- Make sure that your knees are beneath your hips and your palms under the shoulder in this pose. The knees have to be spaced out a wee bit so that the weight of your body is evenly distributed on both the knees. Maintain a straight head pose.
- After a deep inhalation, lift your head in such a way that your body now takes a concave structure. For this, you need to push your back down while lifting your head.
- Make sure that you expand your abdominal area as mush as possible. Hold your breath and maintain this pose for about 30 seconds.
- Now exhale deeply and start to lower your head and this time your back must arch upwards. You need to tighten up your buttocks and abdomen firmly so that you experience contraction in the abdominal muscles. Your head’s position now should be between your hands.
- Take a deep breath and hold this pose for 20 to 30 seconds initially and gradually work it up to 60 seconds.
- Now slowly exhale ad come back to Vajrasana position and relax for 15 seconds before repeating the next set.
You need to work on this pose for 10 times initially and then slowly build it up to 30 times in a day. Take a pause of 15 seconds between each repetition.
9. Uttanpadasana (Raised Foot Posture)
This is another yoga posture that will help in easily shedding off excess fat accumulated in your belly area, thighs and hips.
- Lie on your back on the yoga mat with stretched out legs and heels touching each other.
- Hands have to be placed on either side of the body with the palms resting on the ground.
- Take a deep breath and then exhale out slowly. Now tilt your back side slowly while moving your head backwards so that it touches the floor. Make sure that your palms are in its original position.
- Now take a deep breath in and raise your legs from the floor at a 45 degree angle from the floor. Hold this pose for about 30 seconds. Breathe normally during this pose.
- Now, after 30 seconds, exhale deeply and lift your legs further up so that it is at right angles to the floor. Now hold this pose for 30 seconds and breathe normally.
- Inhale deeply and bring your legs back to the initial position that is resting it back on the floor mat.
Repeat this posture for 10 times initially and as soon as you come to terms with this pose, you can extend it to 30 times a day with a 15 second pause after each repetition.
10. Dhanurasana (Bow Pose)
This is a pose that helps in giving a good stretch to your back, thighs, abdomen, arms as well as chest muscles. It will also help in improving your posture.
- Lie down on your chest or in a prone position on the yoga mat. Make sure that your legs are together and your feet are placed on the ground. Rest your hands on either side of the body with your palms facing the ground.
- After a deep exhalation, lift your leg backwards so that you’re your knees are in a position to touch your buttocks.
- You need to also lift your head and move it backwards.
- Now take your hand backwards and try to hold your ankles with your hands.
- Your body weight ahs to be supported by your abdomen. Take a deep breath in and try to lift your knees even higher.
- Hold this posture for about 15 to 20 seconds. Work on it gradually so that you can extend to hold on this posture for about 90 seconds.
- You should be breathing normally while holding this pose. Exhale out and then relax your body by bringing it to the original position.
Repeat this posture for 10 times a day during the initial stages and gradually build it up to 30 times a day with a 15 second break between each repetition.
11. Bhujangasana (Cobra Posture)
This asana will help in giving your abdomen a very good stretch. It is an asana that will help in strengthening your back muscles if it is done on a regular basis.
- Lie down with your chest hitting the yoga mat and with your legs slightly spaced out and your toes touching the floor.
- Keep the palms touching the floor and make sure that your hands are on either side of the body.
- Now move your palms so that it is beneath your shoulders.
- Now breathe in and lift your head and your chest from the mat and make sure that you are looking at the ceiling. Hold your buttocks firm and push your pubis towards the navel.
- Hold on to this pose for about 20 to 30 seconds and breathe normally during the pose.
- Now take a deep breath and now lift your body from the waist upward while bending backwards as much as possible.
- Now hold this pose for 30 to 60 seconds while breathing normally.
- Exhale air and then bring your body back to the prone position.
Repeat this posture for 10 times in the beginning and then try to work it up to 30 times a day. You need to relax for 15 seconds after each repetition.
12. Relaxation Pose Shavasana (Corpse Pose)
This is the final pose that you should do after completing your yoga workout routine. It is an ideal pose that will help to relax your body after a strenuous workout.
- Lie with your back resting on the yoga mat.
- Keep your feet completely stretched out and place your hands on both sides of your body with your palms facing the ground.
- With closed eyes, breathe in and breathe out deeply while allowing your body to relax completely.
- You should lie down in this position as long as possible until your breathing returns to normal and your body is completely relaxed.
You should compliment these yogasanas with a healthy diet in order to achieve your goal of losing belly fat effectively and quickly. It is also important for you to make sure that your body is getting the adequate hours of rest and sleep for these yogasanas to be making a huge impact on your body fat. There is no doubt that practicing the above yoga poses everyday for a minimum of 5 to 6 days a week will help you to see a visible difference in your waistline within a few weeks. So, start practicing these yoga postures from today and easily shed off the excess fat baggage that you are carrying around your abdomen area.Top Yoga Asanas To Reduce Belly Fat.
credit : myhealthtips