Top Ten News of the Day12th
1. Record 57 percent turn out in the first phase of Biihar Assembly elections; FIRs registered against Union Minister Giriraj Singh and a private TV Camera person for videography during casting of vote.
2. Election Commission seeks report from local administration on a sting video purportedly showing a Bihar minister accepting bribe.
3. Supreme Court imposes Environment Compensation Charge of 700 and 1300 rupees on commercial vehicles entering Delhi from next month.
4. Growth of Industrial production in the country rises to three year high of 6.4 percent; Retail inflation goes up to 4.4 percent on dearer food items.
5. Political parties including BJP criticise ink-smearing incident on Sudheendra Kulkarni by Shiv Sena activists for organising book launch of former Pakistan Foreign Minister in Mumbai.
6. In the second leg of his tri-nation visit, President Pranab Mukherjee reaches Palestinian city of Ramallah.
7. In Punjab, Chief Minister to hold crucial meeting with leaders of various agitating organisations of farmers today.
8. Indian and Chinese armies kick off 10-day joint anti-terrorism exercise in China’s Yunnan province.
9. Scottish economist Angus Deaton wins Nobel memorial prize in economic sciences.
10. Great Britain beat India 4-3 in the Sultan of Johor Cup Junior Men’s Hockey tournament at Johor Bahru in Malaysia.