TOP TEN NEWS OF THE DAY
1) Government serves legal notice to BBC over Nirbhaya documentary; Asks YouTube to remove the video.
2) Maharashtra Government scraps ordinance to provide five per cent job quota for Muslims in the State; Opposition parties protest the move.
3) Prime Minister Narendra Modi seeks cooperation of Rajya Sabha members on Land Acquisition Bill; Reiterates government is not anti-farmer.
4) AAP leader Mayank Gandhi says sacking of Yogendra Yadav and Prasant Bhushan from Political Affairs Committee was against the sentiment of party volunteers. Yogender Yadav says he will not leave the Party and will respect party’s decision to remove him from Political Affairs Committee.
5) Delhi High Court upholds 10 year jail term to former Haryana Chief Minister Om Prakash Chautala and his son in teachers’ recruitment scam.
6) Prime Minister Narendra Modi dedicates to the nation first phase of 12 hundreds Megawatt Shri Singaji Themal Power project in Madya Pradesh.
7) In Bihar, Nitish Kumar-government cancels 34 Cabinet decisions of former Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi.
Maharashtra government increases social activist Anna Hazare’s security following a threat from Canada-based NRI.
8) Unseasonal rains damage crops across 50 lakh hectares in various states.
9) BCCI reprimands Virat Kohli for abusing Indian journalist during practice session at World Cup.
10) Bangladesh beat Scotland by six wickets in World Cup Cricket.