TOP TEN NEWS OF THE DAY
1) Aam Aadmi Party removes Yogendra Yadav and Prashant Bhushan from its Political Affairs Committee; Arvind Kejriwal to continue as national convener of the party.
2) Home Ministry asks BBC, External Affairs Ministry, I&B Ministry and department of IT to ensure that Nirbhaya documentary is not broadcast in India and Abroad; legal action planned against film maker for violating stipulated permission conditions.
3) Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackray terms Land Acquisition Bill as exploitative for farmers, says it will make them poorer.
4) RBI cuts repo rate by 25 basis points; Sensex slumps after initial gains; Rupee falls 33 paise against the dollar.
5) Bombay High Court rejects former Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan’s plea to drop charges against him in Adarsh Housing Society Scam case.
6) Auction for 2G and 3G spectrum for four bands to begin today.
7) Foreign Secretary on a four nation SAARC Yatra meets Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif; hands over Prime Minister Narendra Modi letter to him.
8) Union Women and Child Development Minister Maneka Gandhi says that government is working to set-up women crises center in all the districts at the earliest so that crime against women must be dealt with strictly.
9) United Arab Emirates issues an advisory warning for its citizens against travelling to India due to the swine flu in the country.
10) Cricket World Cup: Australia wins with biggest ever margin of runs in the World Cup; Pakistan keeps quarter-final hopes alive.