TOP TEN NEWS OF THE DAY
1) Prime Minister reaches out to farmers; says the Opposition is misleading them on Land Acquisition Bill.
2) Congress, Samajwadi Party, JDU and CPI accuse the government of being pro- corporate by doing away with the consent clause.
3) DMK extends support to Anna Hazare on his 3-month long agitation against Land Acquisition Bill.
4) Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says if Pakistan wants peace and reconciliation, it should control terrorism.
5) Fire breaks out in Parliament complex in New Delhi today; No one injured; President calls for inquiry.
6) In Uttar Pradesh, bodies of three Dalit girls recovered from a village in Deoria district ; Family alleges gang rape and murder.
7) 130 mobile towers in Noida shut down as telecom operators fail to remove them from residential areas.
8) Sri Lankan Navy arrests 54 Indian fishermen.
9) RBI Governor favours an independent agency for managing government debt.
10) Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis lift Women’s Doubles trophy of the Indian Wells Open Tennis tournament.