TOP TEN NEWS OF THE DAY
1) 16 P.A.C. personnel accused in the 1987 Hashimpura massacre case in Uttar Pradesh, acquitted by a Delhi court.
2) Two militants who attacked an Army Camp in Jammu & Kashmir’s Samba district, killed in an eight-hour operation by security forces.
3) TERI Director-General, R K Pachauri gets anticipatory bail in sexual harassment case.
4) Government rejects bids of Jindal Steel and Power Ltd and Balco, amid speculation of cartelisation during auction of coal blocks.
5) Karnataka Chief Minister says government is in favor of fair investigation in IAS officer D K Ravi’s death case; Criticises opposition for politicising the issue.
6) Cabinet approves Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana for skill training of youth; also clears bill to repeal over 750 Appropriation Acts.
7) Telangana Police registers a case against Congress leader and Rajya Sabha Member Renuka Choudhary on a bribery complaint by a tribal woman.
8) Social activist Anna Hazare announces three month long intensive campaign against Land Acquisition Bill from April.
9) Prime Minister Narendra Modi to address the farmers in the next edition of “Mann ki Baat” programme on All India Radio tomorrow at 11am.
10) World Cup Cricket: New Zealand storms into the semi-final beating West Indies by 143 runs, on the back of Martin Guptill’s double ton.