TOP TEN NEWS OF THE DAY
1) Prime Minister says Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister’s statement giving credit to Pakistan and militants for peaceful Assembly polls is not acceptable; asserts his government is pro-poor.
2) Rajya Sabha adopts opposition’s amendment to the motion of thanks to President’s address to Parliament. Government says there are precedences of such amendments while adopting the motion of thanks.
3) Foreign Secretaries of India and Pakistan agree to work together to narrow down differences.
4) Aam Admi Party National Executive meets tomorrow amidst reports of resolution of crisis in the party; Prasant Bhushan and Yogendra Yadav to attend the meeting.
5) Two Army jawans killed as their check post hit by an avalanche in Pithoragarh district of Uttarakhand.
6) Centre and RBI sign an agreement to keep inflation below six percent and provide price stability with growth.
7) Home Ministry has sought a detailed report from the Tihar jail chief on the issue of interviewing 16th December Delhi gangrape convict Mukesh Singh by a British film maker.
8) A Special Mumbai CBI court drops charges against Senior Police Officer of Gujarat Geeta Johari in connection with Sohrabuddin Sheikh and Tulsiram Prajapati fake encounter cases.
9) Beef banned in Maharashtra; Can draw a jail term of five years and fine upto 10 thousand rupees.
10) WORLD CUP CRICKET: South Africa thrash Ireland posting their second consecutive 400 runs in the championship.