TOP TEN NEWS OF THE DAY
1) Prime Minister hands over 27,000 houses built with Indian assistance to people displaced civil war in Jaffna; Says every Sri Lankan citizen must get equal opportunities for progress.
2) Congress strongly objects to Delhi Police team’s visit to Rahul Gandhi’s office; Calls it political espionage; Delhi Police deny snooping charges; BJP says, Congress politicizing the issue.
3) Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurates the restored North-South Sri Lankan Rail link at Thalaimannar.
4) Supreme Court pulls up Home Ministry for inaction on rape video uploads.
5) Country’s exports decline by over 15% during the last month.
6) Congress accuses Delhi police of snooping on party Vice President Rahul Gandhi; Delhi Police says it as a routine security audit.
7) A historic bronze statue of Mahatma Gandhi unveiled at Parliament Square in London.
8) 71 year old nun gangraped in Nadia district of West Bengal; State government orders a CID probe.
9) India expresses concern over the conviction of former President of Maldives Mohammad Nasheed; New Delhi says its monitoring the situation.
10) India beat Zimbabwe to finish all-win record of six group B league matches in the ICC World Cup Cricket.