Top Ten News of the day:
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi calls for greater cooperation in the South Asian Region on economic and security issues.
2. New Delhi summons Pak High Commissioner; Conveys its outrage to Islamabad at the release of Zakiur Rahman Lakhvi.
3. Kerala budget presented in the Assembly amidst unruly scenes.
4. CBI raids two more places in Mumbai in connection with leakage of confidential government documents.
5. Maharashtra CM Fadnavis: Government will waive-off loans up to 5 lakh rupees per farmer which will help curb farmers’ suicides.
6. Government is working out a mechanism for the creation of a post of Chief of Defence Staff with a fixed tenure: Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar
7. Prime Minister Narendra Modi today visited Indian Peace Keeping Force IPKF memorial near to Sri Lankan Parliament at Colombo to pay homage to Indian soldiers who lost their lives while discharging their responsibilities in Sri Lanka during 1987 to 1990.
8. Law Commission has pitched for a stronger Election Commission by giving equal Constitutional protection to all members of the poll body and appointing the Chief Election Commissioner, CEC and the two Election Commissioners by a high-powered Collegium.
9. Sensex sheds 427 points, closes at 28,503.
10. ICC World Cup, Bangladesh go down fighting against New Zealand while England register a win over Afghanistan.