Top Ten News of the day:
1. Lok Sabha passes Land Acquisition Bill by voice vote with 9 amendments : Congress, SP, RJD and BJD walk out; Shiv Sena abstains.
2.Jammu and Kashmir Government rules out any further release of militants or political prisoners; State BJP top leaders meet Party President Amit Shah in Delhi.
3. PM Narendra Modi’s claim during elections that each citizen could get 15 lakh rupees if all black money was unearthed, was based on illustrative figures: Finance Minister Arun Jaitley
4. Aam Aadmi Party alleges three of its founding members Shanti Bhushan, Yogendra Yadav and Prashant Bhushan of being involved in anti-party activities.
5. Prime Minister leaves on a five day visit to Seychelles, Mauritius and Sri Lanka; Says, his visit will rejuvenate India’s relations with Indian Ocean island countries.
6. President of India Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated a Commemorative Exhibition on “India and World War-I” in New Delhi today.
7. Calcutta High Court orders West Bengal govt to pay 50,000 rupees as compensation to Professor Ambikesh Mahapatra who was arrested in 2012 for posting cartoons of CM Ms. Mamata Banerjee.
8.Bids from auction of coal blocks cross 2 lakh crore rupees mark.
9. Rupee plunges 21 paise, to a two-month low of 62.76 against the dollar; Stock market declines for second consecutive day
10.Cricket, India post easy victory over Ireland by 8 wickets; Shikhar Dhawan hits his second ton in World Cup.