Top TEN NEWS of the day :
1. Madhya Pradesh High Court defers hearing of state government’s plea for handing over Vyapam scam probe to CBI as matter comes for hearing in Supreme Court tomorrow.
2. Prime Minister holds bilateral talks with Russian and Chinese Presidents ahead of BRICS summit tomorrow.
3. India and Kazakhstan sign five agreements including deal on uranium supply; New Delhi terms the deal as vital for energy requirement and energy security.
4. Pakistan rules out banning Jamaat-ud-Dawah of Hafiz Sayeed, the mastermind of 26/11 Mumbai Attack.
5. The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) today registered a case against activist Teesta Setalvad, her organization and two others for alleged violation of Foreign Contribution Regulation Act ( FCRA).
6. Senior IAS officer S N Sahai has been appointed as the new Home Secretary of Delhi
7. All villages located within 10 kilometres of the international border will be developed on a priority basis with special emphasis on promotion of sports activities and rural tourism.
8. National Investigation Agency (NIA), probing the Burdwan blast, has been directed to investigate the explosion in a suburban train in West Bengal’s North 24-Parganas district, suspecting a terror link.
9. Sensex plunges 484 points, to end at 27,688; Stock markets tumble across Asia led by a huge fall in China.
10. European Union asks Greece to present new proposals by tomorrow to reach a deal with creditors, before the grouping summit on Sunday.