TOP TEN NEWS OF THE DAY:-
1) In Nepal, rescue workers from 34 countries start leaving as the first phase of relief work is over; Nepalese Prime Minister urges international community to support his country to take the relief materials to remote hilly areas.
2) 21 killed in a bus accident in Panna district of Madhya Pradesh.
3) Aam Aadmi Party backs Kumar Vishwas over complaint by a woman volunteer; AAP workers in Maharashtra quit the party in protest against Arvind Kejriwal’s style of functioning.
4) Government says, negotiations with France for procurement of Rafale fighter jets to begin this month and finalised as early as possible.
5) Punjab Government constitutes a high level committee to give recommendations for ensuring safety of women passengers in state transport, in the wake of Moga incident; One more incident of woman abuse in a bus comes to light.
6) Eight jawans of Assam Rifles killed in Nagaland in an ambush by suspected underground militants.
7) In Uttar Pradesh 15 persons feared drown after a boat capsizes in Kushinagar district.
8) Railway Sports Promotion Board win 5th National women hockey championship title defeating Jharkhand by 12 goals to 2.
9) Sensex jumps 479 points to close at 27,491;Nifty surges 150 points to 8,332.
10) India’s top shooters win three gold and two bronze medals at the International Shooting Competition at Hanover in Germany.