1. Ambati Rayudu’s fifty (59 off 69 balls) vs. Sri Lanka on Sunday was his fifth in ODIs.
2. Ajantha Mendis (4/73) recorded his best bowling figures in ODIs in India, eclipsing the 2 for 24 vs. New Zealand at Mumbai on March 18, 2011. Mendis’ figures are his best in a losing cause in ODIs.
3. With 11 wickets (average 18.09) in five matches, Akshar Patel was the leading wicket-taker in the just-concluded series.
4. Lahiru Thirimanne (52 off 76 balls) posted his fourth fifty vs. India and his ninth in ODIs.
5. India has recorded a success percentage of sixty-plus for the first time after a series vs. Sri Lanka. It has won 83 and lost 54 out of 149 played (No result – 11 and tied – one) – winning % 60.50.
6. India has won six successive bilateral series vs. Sri Lanka in ODIs. It completed a 5-0 whitewash five times in limited-overs internationals – twice vs. England and once each vs. New Zealand, Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe.
7. India’s three-wicket victory is their 100th in international cricket out of 190 contested vs. Sri Lanka – 14 in Test Cricket; 83 in ODIs and three in T20Is. It has lost 63, tied one, drawn 15 and NR 11.
8. Mahendra Singh Dhoni and Virat Kohli are the only two Indian captains to have recorded two whitewashes each (5-0).
9. Angelo Matthews became the first batsman to complete 1,000 runs in ODIs in 2014 – his tally being 1062 (average 70.80) in 25 games.
10. Virat Kohli became the second batsman to manage 1,000 runs in ODIs this year – his aggregate being 1054 (average 58.55) in 21 games. He is also the first batsman to complete 1,000 runs in ODIs in four consecutive years – 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014.
11. Matthews (139 not out off 116 balls) posted his career-best score – his first hundred in ODIs. His previous best in ODIs was 93 vs. Pakistan at Hambantota on August 26, 2014.
12. Matthews has become the first captain to register ten sixes in an innings against India in ODIs. Ricky Ponting hit eight sixes during his unbeaten 140 off 121 balls for Australia at Johannesburg on March 23, 2003.
13. Matthews has set a record for most sixes by a captain in an innings, eclipsing the nine by Ricky Ponting, during his 164 off 105 balls against South Africa at Johannesburg on March 12, 2006.
14. Matthews’ tally of ten sixes in an innings is exceeded only by Sanath Jayasuriya for Sri Lanka in ODIs. He hit eleven during his innings of 134 off 65 balls against Pakistan at Singapore on April 2, 1996.
15. Matthews’ aggregate is the second highest by a Sri Lankan batsman in a bilateral series vs. India behind the 353 (average 70.60) in five matches in 2009-10 in India.
16. Virat Kohli recorded his 21st century in ODIs – his 13th in successful chases.
17. Kohli’s match-winning unbeaten 139 is his highest score while batting at number four, bettering the 133 not out against Sri Lanka at Hobart on February 28, 2012.