Quick Workouts for Absolute Beginners
Quick Workouts for Absolute Beginners : When you’re out of shape, starting a new fitness routine can be hard. You might feel embarrassed by your body, or perhaps you don’t even know where to begin. Don’t let your lack of experience or know-how prevent from adopting a healthier lifestyle, though. Getting into shape will not only increase your life expectancy and ability to tackle day-to-day activities with ease, but it will also improve your overall quality of life and leave you feeling confident and happy.
Believe it or not, taking that first step toward a healthier you is easier than you think. We’ve created a quick workout that is designed for absolute beginners. Not only are these moves simple enough to perform in the comfort and privacy of your own living room, they don’t require any sort of equipment, and they can easily be modified to meet any fitness level. Remember, it is always a good idea to get a doctor’s permission before starting any new fitness program. Take that first step today!
Equipment Needed: yoga mat
What to Do: Review the videos below and perform each exercise for the amount of reps suggested.
5 Quick and Easy Workout Moves for Absolute Beginners:
1. The Modified Plank– The plank pose is a personal trainer favorite because it is simple enough to perform anywhere, and it works your body’s entire core. It also can help to elongate the spine, strengthen the arms and wrists, and increase balance. Hold the pose for 15 seconds, and then release. Repeat 2x.
2. The Superman Pose– The Superman Pose targets the three main muscles that run along the spine and helps to prevent injuries, improve posture, and eliminate back and neck pain. Repeat the exercise 5x.
3. Side-Lying Leg Lifts– Side-lying leg lifts are easy for anyone to perform and target the hips and outer thighs. Repeat 10-15 times on each side.
4. Assisted Squats– This beginner move is a modified version of traditional squats and targets the muscles of the lower body, including the thighs, hips, and butt. It is also effective at building core strength and strengthening the bones, ligaments, and tendons of the lower body. Repeat 10-15 times.
5. Modified Pushups– Like traditional pushups, modified pushups target the arms, chest, shoulders, and core. Repeat 10-15 times.