Prawn Chilly Fry.
Indian cuisine is packed with flavor and the liberal use of fresh vegetables, legumes, yogurt, rice and other grains make it inherently healthy as well. Spices form the backbone of Indian cooking, and although the list of spices and techniques used to prepare some recipes can be intimidating, they provide tantalizing layers of flavors in a matter of minutes. Whether you’re preparing a quick curry for an easy weeknight meal or a medley of dishes for an Indian-themed dinner party, you’ll find these recipes to be healthy, flavorful and delicious.
Prawn Chilly Fry is a tangy and very popular party and home recipe. Learn how to make Prawn Chilly Fry by following this easy steps. A quick and easy, tangy and spicy recipe that you and your family will enjoy.
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
Total time: 30 min
Serves: 3 to 4
- 500 g cleaned prawns
- 1 ½ tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 potatoes, cubed and parboiled
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 2 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 finely chopped tomato
- 2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 3 sliced green chillies
- chopped coriander
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add the garlic and let it fry till it browns.
- Add the onion and stir till it becomes translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and stir till they become soft.
- Add the pre-boiled potatoes and stir.
- Add the prawns.
- Add salt, sugar, garam masala, chilli powder, pepper, vinegar, chillies and add ¼ cup water and stir on a high heat for 2 -3 minutes and you should be done. The prawn should have turned white and must remain juicy and not over-cooked.
- Add coriander at the end as a standard garnish.
- Serve the hot Prawn Chilly Fry with rice , roti and chapati.