Top Ten NEWS Of The Day
1. Gujarat Assembly passes the Anti Terror Law which was earlier rejected by the President thrice.
2. Supreme Court issues notices to BJP leaders LK Advani, Murli Manohar Joshi and others in Babri Masjid demolition conspiracy case.
3. Centre releases financial help of Rs 243 crore for natural calamity to Himachal Pradesh. CCEA approves gas pooling for fertiliser plants and gives nod for establishing 2,000 km Jagdishpur-Haldia gas pipeline. Cabinet approves Amendment of the Homoeopathy Central Council Act, 1973, Revival of the Barauni and Gorakhpur Fertilizer Units, Amendments to guidelines for financial support to Public Private Partnerships in infrastructure, Allocation of Rs. 4948 crore for Gross Budgetary Support to the Indian Strategic Storage Programme for Crude Oil.
4. Apex Court dismisses plea of reservation to Jat students under OBC category in medical and dental courses.
5. Kerala High Court uphold the State Government Liquor Policy ; only five star hotels allowed to serve liquor.
6. Flood situation improves in Kashmir Valley; Kashmir University to hold examinations from tomorrow as per schedule.
7. Chairman of the Parliamentary Panel on Tobacco Products Dilip Gandhi of BJP questions link between Cancer and Tobacco; Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar disapproves the statement.
8. Five prisoners flee Nagpur central jail in Maharashtra.
9. New Zealand spinner Daniel Vettori announces retirement from international cricket.
10. Malaysia Open Badminton tournament begins in Kuala Lumpur.