Top Ten NEWS of the Day:
1. Six persons die in house collapse due to landslide in Budgam district in Kashmir; Flood situation continues to remain grim; Eight NDRF teams reaching Kashmir to assist affected people.
2. Four hundred Indian nationals evacuated from Aden to Djibouti in conflict hit Yemen.
3. Enforcement Directorate attaches assets worth Two crore rupees of former Union Minister Dasari Narayana Rao in coal scam probe case.
4. Uttar Pradesh government announces 10th May the new date for Prelims examination of General Studies paper.
5. Freedom Fighter Madan Mohan Malviya posthumously conferred Bharat Ratna.
6. In West Bengal, NIA files chargesheet against 21 accused in Burdwan blast case.
7. Delhi government puts a ban on sale, purchase and even storage of all forms of chewable tobacco in the national capital from today.
8. In Iraq, a pair of car bombings in a Baghdad suburb today killed at least 11 people and injured dozens. The blast took place hours after the arrival of the United Nations Secretary General, Ban Ki-moon, in Baghdad
9. Sensex shoots up 517 points, Gold plunges 410 rupees.
10. No Indian cricketer finds place in ICC’s 2015 World Cup 11 led by New Zealand captain Brendon Mccullum.