TOP TEN NEWS OF THE DAY :
1. Australia win cricket world cup for the fifth time in one sided final against New Zealand;Australian paceman Mitchell Starc adjudged Man of the Series.
2. India’s star shuttlers, Saina Nehwal and Kidambi Srinath lift Singles Titles of the India Super Series Badminton tournament.
3. Singapore bids adieu to it’s founding leader Lee Kuan Yew in a grand funeral attended by world leaders;Prime Minister Narendra Modi describes Lee as one of the tallest leaders of our times.
4. Turbulence continues within Aam Aadmi Party;Admiral L Ramdas removed as internal Lokpal and Prashant Bhushan as chief of Disciplinary Committee.
5. Srinagar-Jammu National Highway closed due to landslides after heavy rain lashes several parts of Kashmir.
6. In Assam, Enforcement Directorate registers a case in alleged embezzlement of central funds by agriculture directorate.
7. HRD Minister Smriti Zubin Irani says that the National Education Policy will be formed by December this year.
8. Defence Research and Development Organization to develop air-borne warning and control system at a cost of over five thousand crore rupees.
9. Finance Minister Arun Jaitley says, an inter-ministerial team would visit Rajasthan for assessment of farmers’ demands after the state submits its memorandum on crop loss due to rain and hailstorm.
10. The Indian Ambassador to Yemen, Mr Amrit Lugun says that all Indian nationals in that country are safe and they are not under the target of any group.