Top Ten News of the day:
1. Prime Minister urges well offs to give up subsidised cooking gas; announces a scheme of providing pipeline gas connections to 1 crore households in next four years.
2. President Pranab Mukherjee confers Bharat Ratna , on former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee; political parties welcome the award.
3. Government to prorogue Rajya Sabha and repromulgate ordinance on land acquisition which lapses on 5th April.
4. Infighting in Aam Aadmi Party intensifies; Yogendra Yadav and Prashant Bhushan openly criticise Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal.
5. Centre rejects West Bengal government’s plea for CBI probe into Nun gangrape case.
6.Badminton: Saina Nehwal and K.Srikant storm into semi finals of India Open Super Series
7. Delhi government has decided to put a ban on sale, purchase and even storage of all forms of chewable tobacco in the national capital from Monday.
8.Body of second officer missing in the Naval aircraft crash recovered off Goa coast.
9. In Bangladesh, at least 10 people including seven women, killed in a stampede during Ashtami Snan near Dhaka.
10. Prime Minister says the government will try to find a solution to Jat reservation issue within the legal framework.