Top 10 News of the day:
1. 150 people feared killed as German Airbus A320 crashes in Southern France.
2. Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A of the Information and Technology Act which gives police power to arrest for posting offensive content online; Calls it unconstitutional and interfering with fundamental right to freedom of speech and expression.
3. Centre sanctions 2000 crore rupees to drought hit areas in Maharashtra.
4. Congress President Sonia Gandhi tells Delhi High court that summoning her and Rahul Gandhi in National Herald case is illegal.
5. National Film Awards announced: Kangana Ranaut bags best actress for Queen; Film ‘Haider’ wins five awards.
6. New Zealand enters World Cup Cricket final for the first time beating South Africa in a thrilling encounter.
7. Apex Court seeks response from two lawyers for making derogatory remarks against women in BBC documentary, India’s Daughter.
8. India and China agree to take steps to maintain peace and tranquility on the borders; Agree to further expand bilateral relations in railways, smart cities, skill development and manufacturing sector.
9. Sri Lanka issues instructions for release of 54 Indian fishermen.
10. Asian Development Bank projects India’s growth rate to surpass China and to reach 7.8% in next fiscal.