1. Union Cabinet clears Real Estate Regulation Bill aimed at curbing malpractices and harassment in this sector.
2. Central government hikes Dearness Allowance by 6 per cent for its employees and pensioners with effect from 1st January.
3. Killing of 20 alleged Red sanders smugglers in an encounter near Tirupati in Andhra Pradesh blows up into a controversy;
4. Andhra Pradesh calls it an anti smuggling operation; Tamil Nadu Chief Minister demands speedy inquiry into the incident.
5. Supreme Court refuses to stay operation of the National Judicial Appointments Commission Act; Refers the petitions challenging it to a larger bench.
6. RBI keeps policy rates unchanged; Major banks announces cut in lending rates.
7. Six hardcore Maoists arrested in Bastar division of Chhattisgarh.