News At Headlines
* Assam lodges strong protest with Nagaland government over killing of rape accused in Dimapur; Demands protection for the people of Assam living in Nagaland; Government of Nagaland orders probe into the incident.
* Editors Guild of India demands lifting of ban on the controversial BBC documentary on Delhi Gang rape case.
* Ministry of HRD sets up a committee to probe alleged misappropriation of funds by the NGO run by Social Activist Teesta Setalvad.
* External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj arrives in Colombo, Discusses issues of bilateral importance ahead of Prime Minister’s visit in the coming week.
* Jammu-Srinagar national Highway partially opened for traffic after five days.
* ICC WORLD CUP CRICKET: India qualifies for quarter final registering four wicket victory over West Indies. M.S.Dhoni equals Kapil Dev’s record of most wins by an Indian Captain in a World Cup.