Indian cuisine is packed with flavor and the liberal use of fresh vegetables, legumes, yogurt, rice and other grains make it inherently healthy as well. Spices form the backbone of Indian cooking, and although the list of spices and techniques used to prepare some recipes can be intimidating, they provide tantalizing layers of flavors in a matter of minutes. Whether you’re preparing a quick curry for an easy weeknight meal or a medley of dishes for an Indian-themed dinner party, you’ll find these recipes to be healthy, flavorful and delicious.
Mutton Masala is a tangy and very popular party recipe. Learn how to make Mutton Masala by following this easy steps.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
- 4 Cloves
- 1/4 cup Oil
- Salt to taste
- 3/4 cup Water
- 2 tsp Garlic Paste
- 2 tsp Ginger Paste
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 6 Black Peppercorns
- 2-1/2” Cinnamon Stick
- 1 big Tomato (chopped)
- 1 big Onion (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tbsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/2 kg Mutton (cut into small pieces)
- 5-6 twigs Coriander Leaves (chopped)
- Put cloves, cinnamon stick, mutton, black peppercorn and water in a pressure cooker and cook till mutton is tender.
- Heat oil in a pot and sauté chopped onions in it. Add chopped tomatoes and cook till soft.
- Add the ginger and garlic pastes to it and mix well.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, salt, and garam masala. Sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Now put mutton mixture in it and cook over low heat till the gravy thickens.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Mutton Masala is ready to savor. Serve hot.