Kadai Paneer Recipe -How to make in six easy steps
Kadai Paneer – How to make steps,Indian cuisine is packed with flavor and the liberal use of fresh vegetables, legumes, yogurt, rice and other grains make it inherently healthy as well. Spices form the backbone of Indian cooking, and although the list of spices and techniques used to prepare some recipes can be intimidating, they provide tantalizing layers of flavors in a matter of minutes.
Whether you’re preparing a quick curry for an easy weeknight meal or a medley of dishes for an Indian-themed dinner party, you’ll find these recipes to be healthy, flavorful and delicious.
Paneer is a vegetarian’s haven. It makes for one of the most versatile ingredients. Be it a dry vegetable, fry or a gravy, a snack in itself or a filling; paneer can fit in everywhere. Here in Angola, we don’t find paneer in super markets and we need to make it at home. With that being the case, it seriously is just reserved for special occasions.
Recipe type: Side Dish
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
200 gms of paneer cut into medium squares
1 small green capsicum, de-seeded and cut into cubes
1 medium onion thinly sliced
1 small tomato, chopped
1 bay leaf
1 dried red chilli
1 inch cinnamon stick
1 tbsp coriander seeds, crushed
2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp garam masala
Salt to taste
2 tbsp oil
- Heat oil in a Kadai
- Add bay leaf, dried red chilly, cloves, cinnamon and crushed coriander seeds (keep a little for garnishing). Saute for a few seconds
- Add onions, capsicum and ginger-garlic paste. Saute for a couple of minutes
- Add the rest of the spices and tomato. Cook covered until the spices are cooked well
- Add paneer and salt. Mix it well and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Sprinkle some garam masala, garnish with coriander seeds and serve hot.