Indian cuisine is packed with flavor and the liberal use of fresh vegetables, legumes, yogurt, rice and other grains make it inherently healthy as well. Spices form the backbone of Indian cooking, and although the list of spices and techniques used to prepare some recipes can be intimidating, they provide tantalizing layers of flavors in a matter of minutes. Whether you’re preparing a quick curry for an easy weeknight meal or a medley of dishes for an Indian-themed dinner party, you’ll find these recipes to be healthy, flavorful and delicious.
Kadai Chicken is one of the popular Non-Vegetarian menu in Indian Restaurants. This Kadai Chicken NV menu order along with Tandoori Roti or Naan. This is a curry like side dish in which chicken is cooked in a spicy tomato gravy and capsicum. The capsicum gives unique flavor to this chicken curry. This is a very simple and easy to make chicken curry which is so flavorful and delicious. You can serve this kadai chicken with Rotis, Poori , Naan and Pulao.
- Chicken 500 gm
- Capsicum 1 medium sized (diced)
- Onion 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
- Tomato 1 large (finely chopped)
- Tomato Puree 1/2 cup
- Ginger Garlic Paste 2 tsp
- Chilli Powder 1/2 tsp + 1/2 tsp(to marinate)
- Turmeric Powder 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro few finely chopped
- Ginger 1″ julienned (to garnish)
- Oil 1 tbsp + 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1/4 tsp
For Kadai Masala
- Dry Red chilli 4 no.s
- Coriander seeds 1 tbsp
- Pepper corns 1/2 tsp
- Fennel seeds 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1/4 tsp
- Kasoori Dry Methi leaves 1/2 tsp
- Wash chicken pieces, drain and marinate with turmeric powder and chilli powder and keep aside.
- Heat a pan/kadai, when its heated add fry red chilli, coriander seeds, fennel seeds, cumin seeds, pepper corns and roast for a minutes and lastly add dry methi leaves stir and remove from the stove.
- Allow to cool for a while then grind it to a coarse powder and keep aside.
- Heat 1/2 tsp oil in same pan, stir fry diced capsicum for 1-2 minutes and keep aside.
- Now heat oil in a wok, add cumin seeds allow to splutter then add finely chopped onions and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add ginger garlic paste, sprinkle little salt and saute until raw smell leaves.
- And then add chopped tomatoes and tomato puree and cook till oil leaves and moisture dries.
- After that add 1/2 of the ground kadai masala and stir fry for a minute.
- Then add chicken pieces, remaining 1/2 of ground kadai masala, turmeric powder and stir for 3-4 minutes and add 1/2 cup – 3/4 cup water, enough salt and cook for 15-20 minutes with lid closed or until chicken gets cooked well.
- After that open the lid, turn heat to medium high and cook for another 1-2 minutes and add stir fried capsicum and mix well.
- Let it simmer for another 1 minute and switch off the stove.
- That’s it Delicious Kadai Chicken ready. Garnish with finely chopped cilantro and ginger julienne.
If you like you can also add 2-3 tbsp heavy cream in the last and simmer for 2 minutes and switch off. Adjust spices to your desired lever, above one is a medium spicy curry. Adding capsicum is optional but sure gives nice flavor and taste to the curry.
For dry masala skip chopped tomatoes and use puree alone and use 1/4 cup – 1/2 cup water to cook chicken. After adding chicken please turn the heat to medium and cook with lid closed or you can also use pressure pan to cook chicken.