Health Benefits of Wearing Toe Rings
Health Benefits of Wearing Toe Rings
Wearing of Toe Rings
Wearing of TOE RINGS is highly practiced in India. It is worn as a symbol of married state by Hindu women and is called Bichiya (pronounced: bee-chee-ya) in Hindi, Mettelu in Telugu, Metti in Tamil,Kalungura in Kannada. Toe rings (also known as bichwa) are a must for married Hindu woman. Tradition of wearing toe rings carries tremendous social significance for married women in India. Both Hindu’s and Muslim Women wear these Toe rings, as a symbol of Married state. They are usually made of silver and worn in pairs on the second toe of both feet.
Toe rings are worn by many women these days. Actually, it is very much part of an Indian tradition. But nowadays, wearing toe rings is more of a style statement than a part of tradition.
Ancient tradition Health Benefits of Wearing Toe Rings:
.The earliest references to toe rings can be found in the Hindu epic Ramayana. It is believed that when Ravana kidnapped Sita, she threw her toe rings on the way to Lanka (now Sri Lanka) so that Rama (her husband) could find her. So the tradition for married women to wear this piece of jewellery is ancient. Now it seems that toe rings are much more than mere fashion or even tradition. Wearing toe rings has health benefits too. This age old custom seems to have been designed with a health perspective in mind. Or rather, it is would be fair to call it an ancient fertility ritual that still works. The health benefits of wearing toe rings is actually associated with a woman’s fertility.
Regular Menstrual Periods:
The main reason why Indian women wear toe rings after marriage is to regulate their menstrual cycle. The exact reason for this connection between toe rings and menstrual cycles is not clear. But it has something to do with a nerve that passes through the second toe on both your feet. Pressing this nerve is supposed to ensure that your periods are regular. Now you already know that having regular menstrual cycle helps you to conceive easily. In the modern context, menstrual regularity is much more than a mere fertility ritual. Most women do not have regular periods due to unhealthy and stressful lifestyles. That is why, wearing toe rings could be a natural remedy for menstrual problems for such women.
You must have noticed that toe rings are always worn on both feet. This is to maintain a balance of energies. The nerve that passes through the second toe also passes through the uterus and heart. So wearing the toe ring on both rings ensure that a balance is maintained in your uterus. This also helps women to maintain their fertility and reproductive health.
Good Conductor Of Energy :
The toe rings that Indian women wear are always made of silver. Now the metal silver is a good conductor of energy. So when you walk on the earth, the silver toe rings absorb all the positive energy from the earth and transfer it to your body. According to Ayurveda, it is good to have some metal on your body.Health Benefits of Wearing Toe Rings.
Why to use only Silver toe rings and Why Not gold:
‘Bichiyas’ may not be made of gold, as gold holds a ‘respected’ status and may not be worn below the waist. Indians especially Hindus believe that gold is the metal of the God Lakshmi Devi, The Goddess of Wealth, and therefore they considers it inappropriate to wear gold below the waist..
Scientific and Ayurvedic Reason behind wearing Toe Rings:
- Some Men frequently wore a ring on the big toe for curative purposes or to augment their masculine vigor.
- Wearing toe ring to the second toe has sexual/erotic effect.
- The reflexology texts also mention about treating gynaecological problems by massaging the second toe.
- There is also a belief that the wearing of toe rings press on certain nerves that pertain to the reproductive system, keeping it in balance and healthy.
- Ancient Ayuvedic medicine has long been used along side acupressure.
- Indians believe that your “prana” or “life force” must be in balance in order for you to stay healthy. All of the paths of your “prana” run down to your toes, so the idea that a marital symbol could double up as a reproductive enhancer is not a big stretch.
- By wearing this in both feet, it is believed, that their menstrual cycle course is regularized with even intervals. This gives good scope for conceiving to married women.
- Also it is said just because that particular nerve in the second finger from toe, also connects the uteruses and passes thru heart. Because of this, the constant friction caused while walking and doing all sorts of chores during a day, it revitalizes the productivity organs.
- As Silver being a good conductor, it also absorbs the energy from the polar energies from the earth and passes it to the body, thus refreshing whole body system.
Thus we came to know another custom of the Indian culture and Traditions of how Wearing a toe ring deals with Acupressure and women issues.