South Indian cuisine is packed with flavor and the liberal use of fresh vegetables, legumes, yogurt, rice and other grains make it inherently healthy as well. Spices form the backbone of Indian cooking, and although the list of spices and techniques used to prepare some recipes can be intimidating, they provide tantalizing layers of flavors in a matter of minutes. Whether you’re preparing a quick curry for an easy weeknight meal or a medley of dishes for an Indian-themed dinner party, you’ll find these recipes to be healthy, flavorful and delicious.
Garlic Chicken would be a great addition to a party menu as a starter / appetizer or even as a side dish to rice varieties like pulao or biryani and even as a side dish with rasam rice.
Making this hot and spicy south Indian chicken starter is quite easy whether you have a friend home for meal or have a crowd for a party, it is apt to make it considering its simplicity and the great taste.
Recipe type: Main, side dish, appetizer
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Cuisine: South India
Serves: 3 – 4
- Chicken – 500 gms, cut into medium size pieces
- 2 green chilies
- 1 inch ginger, 4 garlic
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ Cup Curd
- Salt to Taste
- Onion – 2 med-large, sliced
- 7-8 Garlic Chopped
- Garam masala – ½ tsp
- Fennel (perumjeerakam) powder – ¼ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Chicken/meat masala – ½ tsp (optional)
- Curry leaves
- Blend green chilies, ginger, garlic, and black pepper to a fine paste.
- Add Curd and Salt to this mix.
- Marinate chicken with the above mix and leave it for an hour.
- In a non-stick pan, heat enough oil and let fennel and onions fry until brown.
- Add chopped Garlic, Garam Masala, Turmeric powder, chicken masala, curry leaves fry it medium flame.
- Add Marinated chicken to the masala add ½ cup water and little salt.
- Cook 10 mins on low flame, just to dry and roast it a little more. Remove from fire. The dish will get a darker shade once it rests.
- Garnish with Coriander Leaves & onion with Lemon.
- Now Ready to Serve.
Subscribe for Alerts
More Non-veg Recipes: