A massive blaze enveloped a chamber located near the visitors’ gate at the Parliament House on Sunday afternoon.
No casualties were reported and the fire was brought under control within minutes according to the Delhi Fire Service (DFS).
The DFS said the blaze, probably triggered by a short circuit, broke out at a chamber accommodating transformers regulating the air-conditioning system in the Parliament around 2:15 pm.
A contingent of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) jawans, posted inside the annexe, spotted the blaze before alerting the local police who then intimated the Fire Department.
Eight fire tenders were rushed to the spot to quell the flames and were successful in doing so within 20-odd minutes, the DFS said adding that cooling operations were now underway.
Subscribe for Alerts