Egg Fried Rice Recipe.
Egg Fried Rice – an easy fried rice recipe using egg. Made with basic ingredients, it tastes delicious with soft tender chunks of egg. Made in a Indo Chinese style using sesame or olive oil, soya sauce, tomato sauce and chilli sauce. If you have celery and spring onions you can use them. You can also check this spicy egg fried rice.
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 35 min
Cuisine: Indo – Chinese
Serves: 3 to 4
- 4 cups of cooked rice
- 1 cup of mixed vegetables, chopped fine (use carrots, French beans, Cabbage and capsicum)
- 1 small bunch of celery stalks, chopped fine (optional)
- 1 small bunch of spring onions, chopped fine
- 2 tsp of soya sauce
- 1 tsp of green chilli sauce
- 2 tsp of tomato sauce or ketchup
- 1 tbsp of freshly minced ginger and garlic
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 tsp of freshly cracked black pepper
- 1-2 tbsp of oil (Olive Oil) Optional
- 3 eggs
- Heat oil and add the onions. Let them fry on medium heat until light golden brown, don’t let them brown too much. Then, add the ginger + garlic and saute for another 2 mins.
- Add the finely chopped vegetables (carrots, French beans, Cabbage and capsicum) and celery and mix well. Cook for 2-3 mins until they wilt just a bit. Then add the soya sauce, tomato sauce, and green chilli sauce. Fry on high heat until the sauces bubble and reduce flame to medium-high, stirring constantly. Continue to stir-fry for another 2-3 mins. The vegetables should be cooked yet crunchy and not mushy or soft. If you are not using vegetables, you can skip to the next step after adding the sauces but I do recommend adding at least some capsicum to your egg fried rice to add some extra punch.
- Add the cooked rice and stir well to combine. Remove from fire, check for salt and add more if required. Add the pepper powder and spring onions and set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs + some salt + some pepper with a fork.
- Scramble in a small pan with about 1 tsp oil and gently fold into the prepared rice. Don’t break down the egg pieces too much while scrambling or over cook the eggs. Stop when they are a bit moist, they will cook a bit more with the heat from the pan and from the rice.
- That’s it! Delicious Indo-Chinese Egg Fried Rice is ready.