How to Make Chicken fried rice recipe.
How to Make Chicken fried rice recipe :Its an easy fried rice recipe using chicken. Made with basic ingredients, it tastes delicious with soft tender chunks of chicken. To make this , i used cubed boneless fillets. Even bone-in chicken (with bones) or shredded or minced chicken can be used.
Made in a Indo Chinese style using sesame or olive oil, soya sauce, white vinegar and chilli sauce. If you have celery and spring onions you can use them. You can also check this spicy chicken fried rice.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 1 Hr
Cuisine: Indo Chinese
- Rice 1½ cups
- 300 grams chicken
- salt as needed
- 1 tbsp. garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp. soya sauce
- 1 tbsp. vinegar
- ½ tbsp. chilli sauce (adjust to suit your taste)
- ¼ tsp pepper powder
- 2 tbsp sesame oil or olive oil
- 1 small star anise (optional)
- 1 strand mace (optional)
- 2 medium spring onions and 1 medium onion
- ½ cup bell peppers chopped
- 1 carrot chopped optional
- peas optional
- 2 to 3 sprigs celery optional
- Wash rice at least twice and cook till al dente. Drain to a colander and cool it completely. Do not add hot rice to the wok while making fried rice, it makes the rice mushy.
- Add one tsp oil to a small pot or pan, add chicken and begin to cook on a low flame till the chicken turns tender and soft cooked. If needed stir in between. If your chicken doesn’t release water, sprinkle very little water.
- When the chicken is cooked, pour the sauces to the hot chicken. Set this aside for a while. If you have time set aside for 30 minutes to make the chicken flavorful.
- Heat a wok or wide pan with oil.
- Add garlic , star anise and mace and fry for a minute.
- Add white parts of the spring onions or sliced onions and fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour the chicken along with the sauces. Cook till the sauce thickens if it is thin.
- Add capsicum and fry till half cooked. They taste best when crunchy so do not overcook.
- Add rice, pepper powder, salt and green parts of the spring onions. Sauces already contain salt, so you may need to add very little salt.
- Mix well and fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- chicken fried rice is ready.