5 Benefits Of Eating Salads
For a healthy diet, nutritionists recommend including several servings of cooked and raw vegetables. However, these are the main nutrients in our diet absent.
The main benefits of eating salads.
1. Moisturize and refresh. Over 90% of the composition of vegetables, salads base is water.
2. Nutrients. Vegetables are excellent source of vitamins that regulate many body processes, including proper functioning of the nervous system.
3. Depurative. The cleansing, detoxifying and diuretic action salads due to the high content of water, potassium, sodium contribution to the low as well as vegetables that compose them, and the presence of essential oils that dilate renal vessels.
4. Protect the skin. The vegetables provide beta-carotene, which is converted into vitamin A, which renews the skin and mucous membranes, as well as vitamin C, which enhances the production of collagen, a protein that keeps skin smooth and unwrinkled.
5. Regulate bowel function. By rich in fiber from vegetables, a salad is laxative, prevent or improve constipation. In addition, fiber helps lower cholesterol and good blood glucose control, which is beneficial in case of cardiovascular disease and diabetes.
In general, eating salads has many benefits and few calories. They are ideal for everyone, especially for those seeking their ideal weight by diet.